Working at SMI
This is an exciting time to join SMI. We are continuing to create a reputation as a world leading specialist manufacturer and are growing rapidly in our core markets, as well as in a range of new areas. Working with SMI means being part of a team that is successfully applying our core technology to meet the critical challenges that our customers face.
It’s important to know about the culture of a company you’re considering joining so you can get a feel for what it would like to be part of the team.
What Colleagues Say
Here are comments submitted by colleagues on a recent employee engagement survey:
“The best things about SMI is the work we do, the conditions we work in and of course my colleagues!”
“SMI has the modern working practices of a large company while retaining a close family-like feel and the ability to move quickly for our customers.”
“Team leaders create a very supportive atmosphere and have really helped me develop news skills. There is a lot of potential for career growth at SMI.”
Be bold, dynamic and driven to succeed
Be responsive and solution focused
Help each other to deliver the best possible outcome
Do the right thing and take responsibility for your actions
As well as providing a competitive salary, the range of benefits an employer offers can tell you a lot about what it’s like to work for them. We believe in rewarding team members with benefits that support them in their personal lives.
- Competitive Salary and opportunity for progression
- Flexi-time for non-manufacturing roles and a range of flexible working options, including hybrid home/office working
- 33 days holiday each year (includes bank holidays), rising with service
- Option to purchase up to seven additional days holiday each year
- Contributory pension scheme
- Quarterly recognition awards
- Life assurance
- Free parking on site
- Early finish on a Friday
- SMI is an equal opportunities employer
Our growth means we are frequently looking for talented individuals to become part of our success. If you would like to join us, take a look at our available vacancies.
To apply for a role, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a covering message telling us a bit more about you, why you would fit with our culture and how you can help us deliver our company goals.
If you’re interested in an apprenticeship, visit our dedicated page to find out more about the journey an apprentice takes at SMI.
Business Development Manager
- Salary: Competitive based on experience
- Location: Field Based, South West base preferred
- Closing Date: 31 March 2023