Our extraordinary growth means we are regularly looking for talented individuals and apprentices to join us and become part of our success. Our company values create a rewarding working culture in which you can expect to collaborate with brilliant colleagues from across the business, crossing over traditional team boundaries and learning things you may never have expected.
Our current vacancies are given below. If you’re interested in joining us, please send us your CV to email@example.com. We don’t just want to hear about your career experience though. Please also include a covering letter or email telling us a bit more about you, what you can bring to the team, why you would fit with our culture and how you can help us deliver our company goals.
For more information about the benefits of working for SMI, visit the Working at SMI page.
As the Manufacturing Engineer, you’ll be identifying and implementing opportunities to improve or automate manufacturing processes and activities. You’ll also be working with both the manufacturing and design engineering teams to ensure NPI is effective, efficient & well documented.
- Transform activities and production processes to deliver a sustainable manufacturing facility for the future, whilst improving efficiency and reducing costs and waste.
- Research innovations in technology and identify and prepare business cases for recommended new approaches or tools where appropriate
- Work collaboratively with the engineering team to identify manufacturing needs for new product developments to ensure product developments are delivered in a practical and efficient manner
- Translate engineering designs into clear, precise and workable process specifications, documentation and operating assembly instructions, including production methods, equipment, machinery and tooling
- Assess existing manufacturing processes and identify opportunities for efficiency improvements
- Assist with the design and implementation of shop floor layout, cell design and lean processes
- Design fixtures and tooling for products
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by identifying ways to standardise processes where possible
- Analyse process failure and improvement report data to identify areas for process improvement
- Identify ways to reduce waste in processes
- Report on process efficiency & costs
- Assess process compliance against safety and conformance standards
The Successful Candidate
To be successful in this role you’ll need the following skills and experience:
- Proven track record in production engineering in a complex, bespoke engineering environment
- Minimum HND or BSc in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- The ability to deliver transformational changes to traditional manufacturing practices
- Knowledge of process standards and documentation
- Knowledge of plastics bonding and/or cable manufacture would be an advantage
- Data analysis & critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify, assess and solve problems / positive solution focused approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player & collaborative approach
- Experience of using an ERP system & office IT packages
Please also be aware that this position will be subject to security restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the Company.
Application deadline: 30 September 2021
To apply for the available roles, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter outlining what you believe you could bring to the role, along with your salary expectations.
No agencies please