Business Development Manager
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Location: Field Based, South West base preferred
Joining us as a Business Development Manager will see you taking SMI hostile environment moulding technology into new markets as well as continuing the development of our existing sectors and customers. You will develop and grow relationships with customers to achieve our preferred supplier status. We expect that you’ll be alert to the development of new markets and customer opportunities and will participate in the development and determination of strategy for each market sector.
In particular responsibilities will include:
- Generating new leads in existing and new markets.
- Visiting clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services.
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with key accounts & customer stakeholders
- Responsible for keeping current clients satisfied and delivering exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis, including the timely and successful delivery of projects
- Negotiating contracts
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports, forecasts and key account metrics.
- Understanding and promoting company programs.
- Preparing and submitting technical proposals and commercial quotations.
- Maintaining client records.
- Identify technical solutions for customer applications
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events and coordinating sales efforts with marketing campaigns.
- Enhance SMI’s reputation by accepting ownership for new & different requests;
Skills and Experience
You will have a Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience. Ideally you will have worked both at a multinational and a company in the £2M – £10M size and may have account managed some major aerospace companies. In addition, we are looking for someone with the following qualities:
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a keen attention to detail and excellent listening skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment with strong time management and organisational abilities.
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Deep digital understanding; IT Competency including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinking skills to solve problems and technical challenges
- In-depth knowledge of SMI’s industry and its current events
- Proven account management or other relevant experience
- Demonstrates the values: Agile, Energetic, Collaborative & Ethical
- This role is field based and so you will require your own car and a full UK driving licence.
Please be aware that many roles working for SMI will be subject to security restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 2023-03-31
Current Date: 2023-10-01
The closing date for applying for this position has now passed.
- Opening Date: 24 February 2023
- Application Deadline: 31 March 2023