Performing inspection stages defined in production procedures and where necessary generate Malfunction Documents to capture all non-conformances and input via the Materials Review Board.
Support the Company lean manufacturing initiatives and contribute to continuous sustainable improvement activities and manufacturing excellence.
On a day to day basis responsibilities include:
- To observe and monitor progression of work orders throughout the manufacturing cycle to ensure assembly methods, techniques and best practice are followed.
- Engage with production operatives to perform and sign off inspections stages as indicated in Process Specifications.
- To be extra vigilant and bring to attention any issues such as cable and gland damage that may cause quality concerns further in the production process.
- Observe and ensure all Product Validation Tests are accurately recorded and completed to required specifications.
- Review and sentence Radiographic Examinations to required test specification and standard.
- Perform final inspection of products ensuring compliance to drawing and specification. Ensure labels and serialisation / unique identification meet contract requirements.
- Perform visual Inspection of final packaged products ensuring packaging meets contract requirements.
- Record job progression in Priority business system, ensuring all routing inspection stages are complete.
- Recommend improvements to the production process to ensure quality control.
- When required to assist the Materials Review Board by conducting nonconformance investigations to ascertain corrective and preventative measures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Perform final review and acceptance of all test documentation prior to completion of work.
- Supporting the stores function by performing visual, dimensional and gauging inspection checks of received components to determine acceptance.
- Conduct survey of goods returned for inspection, repair and test. Write up reports for customer review.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of manufacturing processes, products and quality standards
- Having a background in mechanical component and assembly inspection and knowledge of electrical and or fibre optic testing.
- Experience using manual inspection and calibration tools and conduction X-Ray interpretation
- A keen eye for detail and commitment to quality standards and a thorough attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand engineering and general assembly drawings
- Committed and conscientious attitude to work
- Positive approach to work
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Team player
- Responsible, trustworthy and reliable
- Ability to transfer skills and knowledge to others
- Good fault-finding skills
- The ability to work well with others and remain calm in stressful situations
- Understanding of industry safety standards
Please be aware that many roles working for SMI will be subject to security restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 2021-10-23
Current Date: 2021-10-17
- Opening Date: 29 September 2021
- Application Deadline: 23 October 2021