The Quality Manager leads and directs the quality team to deliver our management system, standards and processes to protect our ‘Fit and Forget’ philosophy at all times and ensure product always meets or exceeds customer quality demands.
On a day to day basis responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain the company Quality Management System, including the delivery of regular management reviews.
- Identify, propose, deliver and maintain required accreditations for the company, including but not limited to ISO 9001, 14001, 27001 and
- Maintain Capability Approval and manage re-approval processes
- Ensure Customer Quality Plans, Risk Assessments and Method Statements are produced in support of projects
- Analyse & understand customer contract quality requirements
- Own Company audit plans and ensure delivery against the plan
- Identify, risk assess and deliver special process activities across projects
- Act as Company Health & Safety Manager; direct team to ensure H&S obligations are met
- Manage the flow down of quality requirements to supply chain
- Act as custodian and risk manager for cyber accreditations
- Own the company risk management processes and direct risk assessment activity to mitigate impact on the Company
- Act as the ultimate arbiter for quality decisions
- Ensure suppliers meet quality requirements
- In collaboration with the Board, regularly review and update the Business Continuity plan
- Sign off the completion of all contract quality deliverables and Certificates of Conformance
- Build relationships and networks with Customers’ Quality Representatives
- Approval of 1st Level documentation
- Create and deliver quality reports and recommendations to the Board
- Lead, motivate and develop the quality team to provide a highly skilled service to the Company.
- Keep abreast of industry quality requirements and advise the Board of Directors accordingly.
Skills and Experience
- HND or minimum Level 5 equivalent qualification in Quality Management
- Experience in a Quality Manager role in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment
- IOSH/NEBOSH Health & Safety management is advantageous
- Experience of working in the defence sector is advantageous
- Deep understanding of quality management systems and standards
- Experience of introducing and auditing against accreditation standards.
- Experience of Business Process improvement, Root Cause Analysis, and Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Strong analytical & Excel skills and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; an ability to influence and collaborate effectively with others is essential
- An understanding and experience of using an ERP system; an understanding of the use of software tools for quality management
- Leadership skills; an ability to motivate, drive and support employees to deliver objectives
- Resilience and strength in the face of challenge
- An ability to engage at the most senior levels on Quality related issues
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and manage a full workload
- Conscientious with a deep desire to maintain our ethical standards.
Please be aware that many roles working for SMI will be subject to security restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
SC level clearance is a requirement for this post.
Closing Date: 2021-12-01
Current Date: 2022-09-25
The closing date for applying for this position has now passed.
- Opening Date: 12 November 2021
- Application Deadline: 1 December 2021